Services provided by Turning Point to Head Start include:
- Licensed mental health providers will observe children in classrooms to identify behavioral problems.
- Written observation reports will be sent to the Agency Mental Health Specialist.
Licensed Mental Health Professional Assessments of Referred Children
- Children may be referred for behavioral health services by parents, teachers or therapist.
- Licensed therapist will meet with child’s parent/guardian at the Head Start site to complete a written assessment (including family history, strengths/weaknesses and clinical recommendations).
- Therapist will consult with child’s teacher regarding child’s behavior.
- A copy of the written assessment will be sent to the Agency Mental Health Specialist.
- If follow-up treatment is recommended, licensed therapist will meet with the child for individual sessions at the Head Start site.
- Individual sessions are scheduled approximately every two weeks
- Written interventions/instructions will be given to child’s teacher and parent/guardian.
- Employee Assistance Services will be available for Head Start staff as needed and as approved by Head Start Director.
Pre- and In-Service Parent and Staff Workshops (as requested by Head Start Agency)
Available workshops include, but are not limited to:
- Mental Health Orientation
- Behavior Management
- Classroom Management
- Behavior Interventions
- Stress Management
- Parenting Skills (especially for Early Head Start program)
Consultation with Teachers and Center Supervisors
- Therapists consult with teachers and Center Supervisors on a regular basis.
Participation in Federal Reviews
- Therapists and administrative staff are available to assist in preparation for reviews.